Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Korg KRmini

  Not long ago I got my hands on a Korg KRmini, it's a small digital drum machine that sounds amazing.
Sounds loud enough to let you play along with an acoustic instrument without worries.
These are the downsides I see in it:
  • Creating a custom rhythm isn't as easy as it may be. The device turns into a drum pad and let's you play the pattern you want. The problem with this is that if you suck at playing drum pad then your custom rhythm will suck too. What I mean by this is that it doesn't provide some type of quantization.
  • It would be great if you could hook it up to your PC and program the patterns and songs there with a sequencer of some sorts, then go away and use the device to play those patterns.
  • Trying to get time signatures that aren't 4/4 is a pain

  It's fun to use it as a cool metronome or to play basic stuff but in reality a drum sequencer running on a computer is way better. I guess that I could, someday, learn how to use it in it's full potential but for now there are a few scenarios where this device comes in handy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment